среда, 6 января 2010 г.

Computer and Web Technology in EFL classroom for rural teachers

TESh gained Hornby Trust Funds, British Council, Kazakhstan, and is the provider of the training. Together with the Centre of New Technology Implementation into Education we arranged the seminar for 21 teachers  from Kentau, Turkestan, Dzetysaj, Sairam and Lenger. These days a training is successfully going on at the Academy of languages KUFN.

Seminar participants are getting new knowledge and skills in teaching English FL with the help of computer software and internet. I'm happy they've enjoyed working with HotPotatoes and developed various vocabulary and grammar exercises with Jmix, Jmatch, Jcross and other tools. Another amazing platform they tried was google.doc. Participants tried to write a document and make corrections on-line.I must add that seminar materials are compiled on the basis of 3 trainings arranged by the British Council: Professional Training Programme (Almaty, 2001-2003), 'Bringing Technology into the EFL classroom' (Hornby School in Kolomna 2007) and English for Teaching-Teaching for English (ETTE- 2008-).

Every time we try new tool we compare work on paper and computer. And everybody would agree that computer tools and software just assist teachers and learners to gain new knowledge and skills in English.

Much work should be done to implement computer tools and software into the teaching process and local classroom. Meantime I would thank the trainees for their enthsiasm and kind support in conducting the workshops.

Follow the link to see a collection of pictures

4 комментария:

Tatyana Letyaikina комментирует...

First of all I would like to thank the TESH organization for arranging such kind of project Frankly speaking this is my first time being involved in seminars. Before I was afraid of attending teaching seminars thinking that it would be difficult to participate/ But as I see now we are studying permanently and these projects will keep me on the right track in teaching, and it is a great opportunity not just master my English but mainly master my teaching skills.

Unknown комментирует...

First of all I would like to thank the TESH organization for arranging such kind of project Frankly speaking this is my first time being involved in seminars. Before I was afraid of attending teaching seminars thinking that it would be difficult to participate/ But as I see now we are studying permanently and these projects will keep me on the right track in teaching, and it is a great opportunity not just master my English but mainly master my teaching skills.

Unknown комментирует...

sorry for the first comment written from the wrong address!!! we incidentally cracked someones mailbox!!!!

Tatyana Letyaikina комментирует...

And you're welcome to workshops that are held monthly at TESh resource centre!